NEW Beginnings is a therapeutic Day Treatment Program for adults with serious, chronic mental illnesses. For over twenty years, this program has been integral part of healing for the individuals with mental health disorders.
Clients are referred by their Guidance Center therapist and attend the program two to four days per week. Each day consists of group and/or individual therapy, case management, lunch and activities to engage socialization.
- Educates clients about their illness(es);
- Teaches clients how to manage their physical, emotional and mental health needs and,
- Encourages clients to become an active participant in their recovery process
Other Day Treatments programs are available at Guidance Center Clinics. Please call 479.452.6650 for details on date, time and meeting place.
Intensive Day Treatment (IDT)
Intensive Day Treatment is a highly structured progams which teaches clients to better understand their illness, improve their coping skills and gives them the necessary tools to maintain stability.
Program is for Clients who have:
- Recently been diagnosed with a serious mental illness;
- Recently discharged from a hospital setting, and/or
- Experiencing an acute stage of their illness.
This highly structured program teaches participants to better understand their illness, improve their coping skills and gives them the necessary tools to maintain stability.
The New Beginnings and Intensive Day Treatment program is held at the NEW Center located at 3109 South 70th Street in Fort Smith. For more details about Day Treatment, please call 479.452.6650.