Mental Health & Substance Use Disorders
- SAMHSA-The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration is an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation.
- MHA-Mental Health America is the nation's leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to helping Americans achieve wellness by living mentally healthier lives.
- NIMH-National Institute of Mental Health offers authoritative information about mental health disorders as well as information on a range of mental health topics and the latest mental health research.
Mental Health/Substance Use Support & Advocacy Groups
- AA-12 Step Program Support Groups. Visit the Alcoholics Anonymous website to find a list of AA groups where you live.
- NAMI-National Alliance on Mental Health is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Mental Health Organizations
The Mental Health Council of Arkansas(MHCA) is a non-profit organization governed by a board of directors representing each of the 12 participating community mental health centers and two specialty centers.
The National Council for Behavioral Healthcare is the unifying voice of America’s community mental health and addictions treatment organizations.
- SPRC-The Suicide Prevention Resource Center is the nation’s only federally supported resource center devoted to advancing the national strategy for suicide prevention. SPRC is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Arkansas.gov -It can be hard to keep up with your civic duties— things like assessing, paying property taxes and renewing your car tags. But it’s easy when you get Gov2Go. The official site of the State of Arkansas.
- Arkansas Department of Human Services-Click here for a link to your local DHS office.
Community Service Agencies
Community Services Clearinghouse/479-782-7801
River Valley Regional Foodbank/479-785-0582
Angel Food Ministries/www.angelfoodministries.com
Helping Hands Ministry/479-709-9035
Health & Medical
Crawford County Health Department/479-474-6391
Sebastian County Health Unit/479-452-8600
Good Samaritan Clinic/479-783-7103
River Valley Primary Care Services/479-635-0091
Community Dental Clinic/479-782-6021
Homeless Services & Shelters
Children's Emergency Shelter/479-783-0018
Community Rescue Mission/479-782-1443
The Next Step/479-782-5433
Crawford-Sebastian Community Development Council/479-784-9298
Habitat for Humanity/479-782-8255
City of Fort Smith/479-784-2209
Consumer Credit Counseling/479-484-0311
Crisis Intervention Center/479-782-1821
Donald W. Reynolds Cancer Support House/479-782-6302
Heart to Heart Pregnancy Support Center/479-452-2260
Steps Family Resource Center/479-782-7837